Welcome

Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Graveyard Shift







Not knowing what a location is like until you get there is sometimes a bad thing but with the Extra-Mural Cemetery in Brighton I had no such problem. Graves going back some 200 years. quirky perhaps manic organisation. spookiness amongst the trees. On a visit where the brief is to take photos then opportunities to explore are limited. My main focus was with new model Beth but sister Abi was there also. Abi and I have worked together before. So it was time to set about creating as many different looks and scenes was on. Disaster Struck! My most useful lens decided not to work with the camera. I was left to shoot only with my long telephoto and this proved very restrictive but I remained confident we could get some good images.
Later on I switched to my Lensbaby. This is a strange little lens/gadget which is totally manual and focus is done by pushing the bellows and creating some unusual effects. It is very hit and miss but a couple of images really worked.
Beth and Abi were great and this was my first location sister shoot. Everyone was happy but I feel I need to return to explore the full potential of the Extra-Mural Cemetery.








No comments:

Post a Comment