Welcome

Thursday 16 June 2011

Never Thought I Would Win



I have been a member of Cranleigh Camera Club for some 20+ years and it where I originally got inspiration. I don't take it very seriously as the competitions are judged by people with no idea what modern portraiture is about. I occasionally win things but I never try and please Judges. I do have a few members who really enjoy my work including one guy who is 88.
I had one print which got full marks in a competition this year and three PDIs (Projected Digital Images). These were put into a competition tonight to find the best overall photo in the club for the season. The judge had nothing good to say about my print just ridiculing it. A bit like most judges. So I chuckled. It was then to my surprise he placed it 1st out of all the prints which I really found strange. So despite what he said he actually liked it very much! So there it is. The most successful image I have ever taken and entered in competition. Thank you Hannah as model. You Star! Even though he thought the glove was a cut up Marigold. Thank you Tass for the brilliant Make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment